forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We're back! For a minute or two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: We're back! For a minute or two Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

For those of you still following our journey (even through the lack of postings for the last couple of months) we offer a big fat hello.

For those who aren't following our journey anymore... sorry!

For those that we've met from around the country... Hi!!!

For those who live in our neighborhood, Yes! The large motorhome looking machine parked in our driveway is, in fact, us!

We are making our planned stop at home to do some errands, and take a little break. Tomorrow we're off again to a afmaily event in Vermont, and we'll be back home again at the beginning of next week.

And then it's off on the trip, part 2.

-Ron.
TJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Welcome home Reply with quote

Nice to know that things are okay for you guys.
Have fun in VT.
Will you be in Boston any time before leaving on the next leg of your journey?
You know that steak house that served the 4.5 steak? I think I could finish it. But, I'm not crazy enough to actually try. Smile
TJ
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably arrange a visit -- whatcha got in mind, TJ? Smile

BTW, drove the motorhome through the new northbound central artery tunnel and Zakim bridge today.

3 impressions:

1) WOW!!!

2a) Why is the road in such bad condition? The pavement seems to be VERY uneven, and the motorhome was bouncing up and down quite a bit. It felt like the cement tunnel sections were not well aligned and the road was not made level with the macadam.

2b) A beautiful bridge!

3) WOW!!!

-Ron in Northfield, Vermont, with, believe it or not, high speed cell phone based internet access. In Northfield, Vermont. Go figure.
TJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Get together? Reply with quote

How about a nostalgic get together with former coworkers?
I can contact SMurph and Anne to see if they are available.
The weather is supposed to be really nice the next few days.
We could gather in the park at PO Square at lunchtime on a day that you are available.
Sound good?
TJ
AngieB
started

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Glad you're home .....if only for a bit :-) Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm still following. Just have been soooooooooooo busy; to borrow a saying from my southern friends, sometimes I feel like a long-tail cat in a roomful of rocking chairs Laughing. Hopefully things will slow down some in the next few weeks.

The gang says "hi" and "woof". Sorry again about Jake but everything happen for the best. I hope the weather gets into spring up there in Mass soon. Of course we've gone from a few unseasonable cold weeks to a few unseasonable hot weeks to "normal" Florida temps now (whew!!!...TG Smile ).

Anyway I'm at work and having another working lunch...again!
I know, I know, I need to find a way to retire luxuriously and stop working so hard......know any tall, handsome, intelligent rich guys? Embarassed ok how about just rich then? j/k .....................NOT!!!!!
Take care. Love ya kids!

Ang
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ sounds good... I'll figure out a tentative date and give you a ring.

Angie! Nice to hear from you again! Joanie says "Hi" -- we're enjoying nice weather here for the next couple of days, back to winter soon.

OK, we're off to file our taxes Rolling Eyes ... hope the post office won't be too crowded!

-Ron and Joan (In a whirlwind too! We need a job to get a rest!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: