forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New RVer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montanalin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Simon and Garfunkel Reply with quote

Everydays a endless stream
of cigarettes and magazine
mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

I love your website. My husband and I are just going on vacation next week and we are renting a rv for the first time. Yikes!!!!!!!
Keep up the good traveling and entertaining.... Do you have any pointers for first timers?
Help.
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I just saw your post.

Pointers for first timers? Sure! Rent! Enjoy!

Be sure that both of you take the time and pay attention to the rentor's instructions.. learn how to operate everything, ask questions.

Joan and I travel with the wind -- we never have reservations until we figure out where we're gonna be. Since you're going before the season, you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding a spot. In the height of the season, it's best to call ahead for space. Take a cell phone, and be sure to have Woodall's and/or the Trailer Life campground directories. Joan prefers the Trailer Life directory for their descriptions and rating system.

It's funny... they're both owned by the same company.....)

If you have pets, great! Most campgrounds accept your pets, as long as they don't become a nusiance. of course, Be neighborly and clean up after them.

Drive carefully, the rigs are big. Try to keep up with the traffic flow, and be courteous to the truckers. Remember, they need to pick up speed on downhills to make it up the uphills, so be aware of who is around you, and try to give them the chance to pass.

Joan and I prefer to use paper plates and platic flatware -- it's easier.

You'll use more grey water (sinks, shower) than black water (toilet). If the tanks are similarly sized, (and they usually are) now you know which one you'll need to be worried about.

Make sure someone (you or the rental company) has a contract with a towing company for breakdowns. Towing a car costs a lot, towing a motorhome is expensive.

KOA offers a 10% discout for KOA card members, and the campgrounds are pretty consistant. You'll have the opportunity to join -- they'll probably offer to sign you up if you don't present a card.

Sorry this wasn't sooner. I'll be better about check back here more often.

-Ron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: