forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Week 1: Ending Sunday 11/17/2002 We're off! (Well, sort of)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> The Trip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Week 1: Ending Sunday 11/17/2002 We're off! (Well, sort of) Reply with quote

Ok, I think we're going to try this format and see how it works.
I'll post a topic with either "Week 1:" or "Week Ending xx/xx" (Useful if I forget what week it is... ) Rolling Eyes

Within that topic, I'll create a post or posts about the week's activities.
If we (that's all of us) don't like the way this is working, I'm open to ANY and ALL suggestions for improvement.

SO, without further ado, here it is, Week 1, Ending Sunday 11/17/2002.

What a hectic week it was.
Tuesday I had the HappieCamper at the local Freightliner dealership for preventative maintenance. I towed my Tahoe behind to get a little more experience with the whole towing thing, and so I could return home while the work was performed. Be careful what you wish for. Experience is what I got.

I managed to park the motorhome on a slight incline, so it was nearly impossible (ok, completely impossible) to disconnect the Tahoe. In the process of trying to disconnect, I managed to lock the keys to the Tahoe inside the running Tahoe. Now, did I mention I had also put the Tahoe in gear? Of course, this was just at 8AM, just as the dealership is at start of business. Now, did I mention that my 60 feet of HappieCamper and Tahoe was in the middle of their yard, so that they couldn't move any trucks into their bays?

A quick call to Joan to bail me out with her spare keys, and she was there in 5 minutes or less. Did I mention my spare Tahoe key is missing? :sigh:

We still had to prepare my house for the arrival of our new tenants.
Wednesday was Joan's last day of work. She was there late. 1 day/night shot.
Thursday Joan had a doctor's appointment near Boston, at 2PM. Another afternoon shot.

So, we hired a cleaning service last-minute to help with the cleaning, I painted the master bedroom (which I had been procrastinating about for a long, long time (just ask Joanie), we finished packing and went to sleep Thursday night ready to welcome the cleaning crew, our new tenants, and then be off on our way to pick up my parents south of Boston.

I woke up just before 6 AM on Friday, and to shorten a long story, our deal with the new Tenants fell through. They wouldn't be moving in as expected. Joan and I decided to leave on our trip anyway, and decide our home's fate during the next week. So, off to the parent's house.

Picked up the folks, brought them to western Mass for a family function. Family from all over was there, as far south as Alabama, as far north as Vermont, as far west as.... well, as far west as Alabama, too.

Anyway, a great time was had by all, the main focus of the weekend was a spectacular success, (Yay Helen (and Max, too!) My brother's house looked super!!!! (Yay brother!), and we returned my parents to their south of Boston home. But it was now 7PM.... where to stay for the night?

Well, our home and it's RV-friendly driveway was now sitting patiently waiting for us! So for the neighbors reading this -- We're still going on the trip! LOL We're just stopping in for some sleep.

Oh yeah, did I mention that my fuel filter is leaking? So 8AM I'm off to Freightliner. I won't be pulling the Tahoe behind me this time.

See ya in next week's topic!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Week 1: Ending Sunday 11/17/2002 We're off! (Well, sort Reply with quote

>>I woke up just before 6 AM on Friday, and to shorten a long story, our deal with the new Tenants fell through. They wouldn't be moving in as expected.<<

They suck! I'm sorry that they jerked you around. I hope you got the first month's rent in advance.

>>Well, our home and it's RV-friendly driveway was now sitting patiently waiting for us!<<

Every cloud has a silver lining. Smile

TJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> The Trip All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: