forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We are aware of your weather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: We are aware of your weather Reply with quote

Hey folks in Massachusetts...

We are aware of the severe weather you've been having. The low temps and huge snows, and we just want you to know that we're thinking of you, and we hope that you are staying warm by the glow of the monitor as you are reading HappieCamper.com.

Stay warm and safe,
Ron and Joan.
Bernie
biggie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Quincy Weather Reply with quote

I looked out yhe window at 12:00 midnight. I see 2 to 3 foot drifts with some areas almost bare. and it is still snowing hard. It is a very light powdery type of snow. We are snug and warm.

Love, Very Happy
Dad
case martin
started

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: snow snow and more ,,,,,,,,snow Reply with quote

hey r&j
i hope you are enjoying your wonderful trip so far . im very sorry to hear about your best friend jake . it was an honor and a pleassure to meet the infamous traveling wonder dog . he was one of the sweetest and gentlist dogs ive ever met.
The snow , oh yes the snow ,,,,,,27 inches in boston (5 inches less than the blizzard of 78 ! ), logan airport . the place is shut down and will be till tommorow (2/19th).
we have 20 inches here in easton , got up this morning with a 7 am meeting with my snowblower , it coughed ,sputtered, but made it through the 5,000 cubic feet of snow it moved...... and the massive amount at the end of the drive way. 4 foot feet tall,wall of compacted, road /plowed snow ,,,,,,,...ok so tommorow it will be a balmy 39 and saturday shall be a banner swimsuit day at 45 ! we havent seen temps above 0 at night and 19 degrees in the day time for quite some time now . its amazing that spring is but 4 1/2 weeks away . well enjoy your trip .
may i suggest that you save all this great material and publish a book ?
tittled...... " on the road with jake "
case
TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Walking in Boston Reply with quote

Walking in Boston today is quite an experience.
There are paths in the snow wide enough for one and a half people. So, everyone walks single-file at the pace of a slow snail. And, when someone approaches in the opposite direction you squeeze sideways so you can each pass.
Still, it seems like we handled a big storm very well. Few power outages, few serious accidents. New England has become very adept at handling these things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: