forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh! Bryan Steakhouse, Red Bay, Alabama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Attractions, Accomodations and Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Oh! Bryan Steakhouse, Red Bay, Alabama Reply with quote

Oh! Bryan Steakhouse is a family style steakhouse in Red Bay, Alabama.

Now if you want to find Red Bay Alabama on a map, you need to find Tupelo, Mississippi, then look to the northeast, just over the Alabama line. If it's a road atlas, find Route 24 in Alabama and follow it west to the very end. That's Red Bay Alabama. And Red Bay Alabama is where our HappieCamper was manufactured.

We're here to have some work done (more on that elsewhere), and while here we decided it's time to have a steak dinner.

Oh! Bryan's decor is basic. Vinyl tablecloths and seats are de rigeur here, and the menu is not what one would call ambitious. I'm being highfalutin, and it doesn't work for me, right? Oh Bryan's doesn't pretend to be what they're not, and it works.

The food is good, portions are large, prices are very reasonable.
A USDA Choice 16oz. Sirloin with Veggie (or baked potato, steak fries, or onion rings) and "Texas Toast" was just $8.99.

There is a salad bar, that is also very basic. Iceberg Lettuce, the usual vegetables, and the usual salads: potato, macaroni, 3 bean, and gelatin. This was at 8PM, and they were still tending to the salad bar to ensure it was fully stocked for us, even though they close at 9.

Cleanliness:
The restaurant was brightly lit and well cared for. Tables and seats were clean as was the floor. Neither one of us ventured into the rest rooms -- We'll try to make sure we ckeck them out for our reviews in the future.
Score: 3

Service:
Service was fast, efficient and friendly. The waitstaff kept us waiting for about a minute after we sat down, and apologized for the delay. (We didn't feel like we were delayed at all, but the courtesy was well received, especially after our recent experience at Johnny Ray's).
The food arrived mostly steaming hot, and quickly.
Score: 4

Food:
Ron: I had that 16 Oz. Sirloin. It was Hot and tasty -- and I know my meat! The steamed veggies were not steaming hot, but they were absolutely yummy. I really had to control myself just to have a small sample and not to eat them all up. The Diet Coke was 95% ice -- somewhat bothersome, but as soon as I had slurped the last drop from the cup, the waitress scurried over with a pitcher to refill me! Wow, that's service!

Joan: I had the 10 Oz. Delmonico with Baked Potato and the salad bar. The steak was hot and Juicy and cooked as ordered. The Texas toast could have been toasted just a wee bit longer, but I'm being a little picky on that. The baked potato was hot and fluffy and large, served with Sour cream and margarine, also as ordered.

Score: 4

Overall score: 4 - We'll be back! (Probably tomorrow night! We hope the restrooms are clean Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Attractions, Accomodations and Restaurants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: