forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where In The World Are Joanie & Ron?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marilyn & George Kess
started

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Where In The World Are Joanie & Ron? Reply with quote

Happily we received your Chanukah card with your web address. We must admit that we are novices with the computer and much of what was in your registry didn't make any sense to us. However, we seem to be registered and I guess you will retrieve and read this.

Can't believe you drove right by here and didn't stop. You could even have stayed in warm beds for the night! We would have found a place to park your motorhome.

We have to hand it to you for following your dream. It's wonderful! I'm still trying to get to all the foreign places on my "must see before I die" list before one can't go to them anymore, e.g. Yugoslavia which I missed out on. After that, we'll do the cross-country trip, that is if we can still make it. I turn 70 in a few weeks but, thank G-d, am still running around. Wrote you a Chanukah card which I now realize you won't see so I'll tell you what was in it.

We spent 3 weeks in Israel in Oct/Nov and Tzippora's Bat Mitzvah was delightful. All the Israeli kids and grandkids are fine (except for the usual winter colds). Thanksgiving Day was spent with George's family and Friday morning we drove to N.J. and spent the first four days of Chanukah with Sharon's family. This morning George & I shoveled 8" of snow off the driveway and walk. It was instead of my Thursday workout at the gym. Bet you're happy you don't have to contend with that for awhile.

Sorry to read about your house rental falling through. Have you hired a realtor to try and rent it for you? How long do you plan to be gone? I feel like we're out of the loop in what's been going on in your life even though I think of you often.

Look forward to hearing from you. Do I have to sign into your site to hear from you or will you be able to write us directly to our email address--gkessler@erols.com. I'll look for word either way. Be well and happy.

Love, Marilyn & George

P. S. What's a BBCode and what is Smilies?
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We zoomed right past you in order to escape the clutches of winter! Actually, we were on a race from New Jersey (where we had special brakes installed in my Tahoe "dinghy") to Alabama to have work done on the HappieCamper. Sorry we missed you, but we have time!

We aren't sure what is to be done with the house. We have many nosy -- er, helpful-- neighbors watching over it for us, and my brother has promised to pop in often to check on things.

Thanks for the well wishes (and encouragment!). We were both nervous and excited as we embarked on this journey. We're still nervous and excited, but then a gain, we were on a roller coaster today. As you know, Marylin, Joan and I have been happily married for 3 years now -- married 16 years in total-- but we still haven't quite mastered your old "K or S" query. I'm sure you know what I mean -- we haven't forgotten your cousel and sage advice on the issue!

Glad to hear of your nice get together in Israel. We'll drop you a more personal (and private) note to your email address.

Don't worry too much about BBcodes and smilies.... They aren't necessary to make a good post!

By way of explanation, BBCodes are entered with little buttons over the area in which you type. Those buttons let you do things like make words BOLD or in ITALICS, or BOTH or do some other formatting things, and posting of links and such.

Smilies (also called "Emoticons") are the little faces (like Smile ) that allow you to make everybody crazy if you use a lot of them! Smile Exclamation

Chat with you soon,
Joan, Ron and Jake.

("Typoes" by Ron)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: