forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index forum.HappieCamper.com
Our trek across the country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the road again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: On the road again Reply with quote

Drive safely!
Have a great time!
My advice is to act like a bird and head south for the winter.
TJ
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, TJ...

Can I safely assume this is the TJ I know from the Financial world?

South is a good place to be during the Winter, and that's the general idea.
First stop: Southern New Jersey! Have to get Tow Brakes for the towed vehicle.

Stay warm and employed... my best to the family.
-Ron.
TJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Out there having fun, in the warm California sun Reply with quote

Yes, it is me.
South Jersey isn't exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it's a step in the right direction.
Get to Florida before New Year's Day. The college bowl games turn the state into a big party. The Outback Bowl is in Tampa, the Capital One Bowl is in Orlando, and the Orange Bowl is in Miami. And, there's a marathon that's run in December in Orlando at Disney World. I have a neighbor who'll be running in that marathon. Maybe if you start training now... Wink
Keep us posted on the trip details!
TJ
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marathons aren't my cup of tea. I prefer steering wheel wrestling with my finely honed body of steel.

Or is it a finely tuned body of steel? I never remember...

Hey... why not actually register, then when someone replies to your witticisms, you'll be notified by email if you'd like...Then again, maybe I've just answered my own question...

Any Top Tens lately?
TJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Tuned Reply with quote

>>Marathons aren't my cup of tea. I prefer steering wheel wrestling with my finely honed body of steel.

Or is it a finely tuned body of steel? I never remember...<<

I've never had a body of steel, so I wouldn't know. Smile

>>Hey... why not actually register, then when someone replies to your witticisms, you'll be notified by email if you'd like...Then again, maybe I've just answered my own question...<<

I have this delusion that remaining secretive sort of makes me like Bruce Wayne/Batman or Clark Kent/Superman. It's a sad life that I lead... Smile

>>Any Top Tens lately?<<

I still check the Late Show web site and if I have an idea that I think is amusing I'll send it in, but none of mine have been chosen lately.
I'm yearning for trip details. Where are you guys now? How long will you stay? Where are you heading next?
TJ
Ron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our driveway. The trip starts in the morning.

First stop: Quincy, MA to pick up my parents, then on to Springfield, MA to a family function through Sunday. Then back to Quincy, then down to New Jersey by Tuesday night, for an appointment with Camping World to have special brakes installed in my tow vehicle (my 95 Chevy Tahoe.)

After that? Undecided. Should I start a poll? LOL Maybe like the Today show, let the audience decide where we go?

-Ron.
TJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:08 am    Post subject: Out of the loop Reply with quote

>>In our driveway. The trip starts in the morning.<<

Sorry. I thought you were already gone. I'm hopelessly out of the loop.

>>Then down to New Jersey by Tuesday night, for an appointment with Camping World to have special brakes installed in my tow vehicle (my 95 Chevy Tahoe.)<<

Because the brakes on the truck get connected to the brakes in the camper? That sounds interesting. It could create a tricky driving situation because the vehicles probably won't brake at the same rate. If the Tahoe slows down faster, it may try to pull out from behind the camper during a quick stop.
I'm sure you'll figure it all out eventually. For the near-term, try to stay away from my street. Wink

>>After that? Undecided. Should I start a poll? LOL Maybe like the Today show, let the audience decide where we go?<<

You've got to go south for the winter. What's the point of all this freedom if you don't get to enjoy nice weather in January? The question is, do you head due south, or southwest? I'll leave that up to you.
TJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.HappieCamper.com Forum Index -> Friend's chit chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: